Buttermilk Biscuits

Wednesday, October 01, 2014


At the request of one of my readers, (Jessica) here is the recipe for the buscuits that I posted earlier.

2 C. Flour
3 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
4 T. Shortening
1 C. Buttermilk
(If you don't have buttermilk, you can do 1 C. Milk, and half a tablespoon of vinegar, and let it sit for 3 minutes or so. You can even do it half water, and half milk. Just double that for a double batch.)

Mix all ingredients, then add buttermilk while stirring. Make sure it's not too sticky, you may need to add a little more flour. Spread flour on the counter and knead the dough a few times and press it down with your hands, make them pretty thick, about 1 1/2 inches or so, just make sure you have one pan full. Cut them in circles, and place them in a greased baking pan. 

Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden.

*Hint*
Want fluffy, golden, biscuits???
When adding the flour, put it in a sifter with the baking powder, and baking soda, and sift away! It makes them really fluffy. 

I just made another batch today! ;) When I make them, I double the batch, I get two 8x8 round pans full. You could also do a 9x13 pan, or two 8x8 pans, whatever you have on hand. One batch makes one 8x8 pan. 

I just made these above today, the first picture is from another batch.


UPDATE!!!
The photography contest ends on the 3rd!!!!! Please enter if you haven't already!!! :D 



10 comments

  1. Awesome! I will have to try these! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so YUM~!
    Thank you for sharing the recipe!:) I've saved this page as favorites so I can come back to it when I crave yummy biscuits!<3
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They TASTE yum! ;) Great! I would love it if you would let me know if you make them! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are! We love putting mashed potatoes, gravey, and ham on it. Yummmm... :)

      Delete
  4. Those look so yum and delicious! Thanks so much for the recipe :)

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They, taste, yum and delicious! ;) Your welcome! Let me know if you make them!

      Delete
  5. Thank you!! Okay, I WILL be making these! Thanks for posting it, Sarah! I have a slight obsession with biscuits ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I would love to see pictures, or if you let me know if you make them!! :D Haha. :) I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

Popular Posts

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

follow by email