at the museum || 8k to go

Thursday, April 16, 2015

A couple weeks ago we went to a museum and had a marvelous time. I only wish I could have taken some pictures of the planetarium for you all! It was simply amazing. I have to say..the printing press is absolutely amazing! Let's go back to using those, people! A quarter teaspoon of ink will last the whole day of printing thousands of sheets! They showed us how it was done, even though it did take a while to set the text..it just looks so cool!

I just reached 21,964 words on my story-only 8k or so to go! I must say, it will be sad to see my characters go, my story end, and to leave it all. Although, that's where a new story begins, doesn't it? So, after I finish writing I hope to start editing pretty soon after that. After a break of course. :) I am excited to finish though, it will be the first novella I have ever completed! I've started two others in the past, but they just never seemed to work for me. So I forced myself through this one. lol. I've enjoyed it though. I've had those bad days where you can barely get those words on the page and I've had those good days, where I write ahead. It all evens out though. I'm %75 done, actually a little ahead, which I just discovered last night. ;) So, back to writing, all!


What is the largest amount of words you have written on one story?
Do you like going to museums?

14 comments

  1. YOUR SISTER AND YOU ARE SO ADORABLE!
    Right now I am currently at around 35,000 words for my Camp Nano novel. I am trying to get to 50,000, so I'm only a little bit more than half way in! Congrats on being ahead!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks so much! ♥
      Oh wow, that's a lot! This is my first time, so I think 20k in the month is a good amount for me. :) I should have about 30k by the time I'm done! Congrats on 35k! That's amazing! Keep writing!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your novella! I've never gotten that far, though if I may ask, how long are your chapters generally? I'm hoping to make my current WIP fairly long too...though I have a ways to go yet =) Your sister and you are soooo cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn! :D Well, actually I found the best way to do it is to not do any chapters while your writing (breaks, of course). Then after you finish, go in and put them in where you think they are reasonable so they can be consistent. I've found that works the best. Hope this helps! I know some people do 2,000-4,000 for a chapter, but that's more for novels-so I'll see how much I do. :)
      Thank you! I hope your WIP goes well!

      Delete
  3. I noticed you have a photos of you on a carousel you may enjoy the short story I am currently posing on my blog. here is a link to the first post :D It is titled "Carousel"

    http://claredot.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/carousel-part-1-of-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to check that out. :D

      Delete
  4. That presentation the the printing press sounds amazing! A quarter of ink to last thousands of sheets-- after printing ten pages for an essay my family and I have to go and buy a brand new ink cartage for the printer! And as for NaNo, I'm 2000 words behind of my average word count and if I don't pick it up soon I'm going to be left in the dust! I'm sad my story is coming to a close, too, but perhaps they could come back in a sequel or in short stories. Usually when I'm writing a story, if there my characters are in the same universe I put Easter Eggs recognizing my characters from my other stories.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously was! lol! I knoww, and come on, something printed by a press is so much neater..only...setting the type...ugh!
      ohh, hurry!! I really don't like sequels, then I feel kinda tied down..so I'll just start a new one! :D I've done that before, it's so neat! ;) Well, back to writing-only 100 more words left for today!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for such lovely photos! The museum looks delightful :) Congrats on your Novella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them! My sisters and I just kept tossing the camera around (not literally. ;) ) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. You are so pretty, Sarah! And your sister is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you! hahaa, I'll tell her you said that. ;)

      Delete
  7. Love these pictures, and the one of you and your sister is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

Popular Posts

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

follow by email