sun burnt || loss of internet

Monday, July 20, 2015




Wow. Talk about busy. A few days ago my sisters and I went blueberry picking..oh, those delicious blue things..a little addicting though.. lol! So this is really worth a few days posts, you see, for the last three days our internet went out. Something with the storm I suppose. Something got loose or something. haha (anyways, we got it fixed!)

Yesterday, Julia and I played around with our siblings in the water. SO fun. Childhood is awesome, where did it go? You know, spraying people with water (it got up to over 90 degrees that day!) dunking heads in water to see how long we can each hold our breath..seriously, competition with E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

After dinner and getting cleaned up from all that water, we rode a few minutes away from our house so we could get some internet (my sister needed it for her business). While we were there, I got my free ice cream cone that I won for summer reading. Oh yeah! ;) *sigh* I always forget to take a photo of ice cream until later. Oh well. It's just simply too delicious. Oh, and in that photo with my ice cream you can see my pencil pouch that I sewed for my lettering.. yup, fun. ;)

So, after going home we hung out (had more ice cream..soo healthy) and Julia and I went outside to take some photos and play around..I ended up clipping my hair up because I discovered I had burned my neck (I always do that) and put some aloe on there..doesn't work too well with hair, so I clipped it up. ;) It's still burning a bit..oh well..more aloe. ;)

oh, and...um...we went to the library today (this may be the last time before summer reading ends) and call us crazy..Julia and I both ended up with 130 hours. A tie. Seriously?! Talk about awesome.

Well, I rambled there.

Do you tan, or burn?
Do you go blueberry picking? What's your favorite fruit?

22 comments

  1. I burn. Ugh. It's no fun. The good thing is that I don't burn that easily. :)

    My favorite fruit is peaches. They are so juicy and sweet, when they are ripe. :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently started burning my neck..it's no fun having it down on a hot day, so I always clip it up..even when I spray sun screen on there it's no use. :P My legs get tan, my neck burns and my arms barely tan..LOL.

      oh, yum! We have a peach tree, they are awesome. I love peach blueberry jam. :D

      Delete
  2. I usually burn and then tan...if the burn is bad enough I will peel, but typically I don't. Next week I will be in Michigan and I am hoping to get some blueberry picking in while I am there! So much delicious fun. :)

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ouch! I rarely tan..except for my legs. lol. I don't peel normally, which I am very thankful for! oh, yum! hope you have a fun time!

      Delete
  3. I burn. I never get tanned....
    Cute pictures! My favorite fruit is mangos. Anything tropical, like pineapple, bananas and coconut. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw. My neck just keeps getting burnt, no matter how much spray I lather on there. :P

      Thanks! We can't have many tropical things like that because my mom is allergic to them.. :)

      Delete
  4. What a weird confidence, I ended up eating blueberries and ice cream for dinner! I'm not sure, but I think I tan... But since I came back from vacation from a place that radiates so much sun, I don't look tanner. Odd!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yum. For dinner?! ;) haha, you think you would be very tan from going there! lol. ;)

      Delete
  5. I don't burn that easily, but I still burn. I'm lucky.
    I have no idea what my favourite fruit is. I like just about all of them, but berries to come high on my favourites list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't notice that I got burnt until later, when my neck is all heated up. :P I love strawberries and blueberries..mm!

      Delete
  6. I tan AND burn. only my cheeks burn. the rest of me tans.
    Beautiful pictures! I love the ones of you. especially the one of you with the books, your so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh, horrible combination! My cheeks sometimes burn as well..my legs and arms get tan though. :D
      Thanks! haha, Julia snapped it. ;) aw, thanks Hannah! :D

      Delete
  7. I tan mostly, but I do burn sometimes too. Both my girls burn easily though, as they're little blondie bears, so I have to watch out for their cheeks constantly.

    Blueberries! Yum yum yum :-9 We planted 2 blueberry bushes last year, but they are tiny and not bearing anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's nice! Yes, my younger sister gets burned very easily..it's always nice to have a sun hat for them. :)

      Agreed! Oh that's wonderful! We will probably be planting strawberries soon..the place we've gone to for years has closed down.. :( We have peaches, raspberries, apples, black caps, grapes and mulberries in our yard. ;)

      Delete
    2. Wow, you have lots of great fruit! We live in suburbia, but have a small garden, and we've planted a peach tree, the blueberry bushes, and this year we put in a grape vine that has almost a dozen bunches of grapes on it -- hoping it will continue to do well, as so far the peaches and blueberries have been disappointing.

      Delete
    3. Yes! It really is wonderful. We use a lot of it to make jam. It looks like it will be a great year for apples! :D We have lots of tomatoes and peppers growing for salsa as well. The grapes that we have are very bitter, so maybe they will be better this year. :)

      Delete
  8. "Childhood is awesome, where did it go?"

    Sarah, I just turned 13 and I plan to live my childhood for at least another full 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait Hannah. Just wait. It starts to drift away. You don't play as hard, you don't have as much school to do, if you sit and think...it already is for you too. ;) Don't worry, I'm not nearly done yet!

      Delete
  9. Lovely post Sarah! Loved it!! :) Lol, I agree blueberrys are very addicting!! I have actually never gone blueberry picking before! Blueberrys don't grow around were I live. We go blackberry picking though! Its always so much fun and I love it! :)
    I actaully don't burn at all! The last time I burned was when I was 8 years old! I tan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelby! :D Really?! You really should. They are the coolest to pick because of the bushes. :) I've only picked black berries once..they aren't my favorites. ;)
      That's wonderful! :D

      Delete
  10. Love the pictures! I actually don't like blueberries.( I'm a very picky eater. ) I get sunburned really easily but it always turns into a tan. :) Oh and I nominated you over at my blog. :) https://maddysdigitaldiary.wordpress.com/2015/07/24/infinity-dreams-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddy! :D Really? What is your favorite fruit? :) haha, well, that's nice. ;)
      Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out. :D

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

Popular Posts

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

follow by email