coral lamp || peaches

Wednesday, August 05, 2015


I finished editing my whole novella! Mixed feelings...yes, I'm glad to be done, no, I'm not glad to leave


it. :P My friend is going through all the editing (thanks!!) and boy, did I miss a lot. ;) After the editing if fully


finished (the part I most dread) sending it out to a few friends to critique. yay. :P 




I also finished my math (can you see why I haven't been posting lately?!) Yes, one day I did 9 lessons in a


day. *weary laugh* I'm glad to be done, but excited for the new school year. 




I got a new lamp for my room. I loveee it. It's a coral, I've really been needing one-it's just too dark to work in


there or do any school. It's now like my dream desk..I've always wanted a swivel chair and a lamp like that.


haha. It's really motivating when writing. :) Speaking of writing..I'm starting a new story! I plan to go a little


more relaxed with this one and have lots of fun. My new characters name begins with an "m" as did my older


character from my previous story...so I often find myself writing the wrong name. lol. 




I also figured out how to do a french braid on myself. *yes!* That took forever..............haha. I found a new


easier way to do it..it's funny, as you are going through your like "this is not turning out, this is not working,


ugh" but when you finish..it actually looks pretty nice. ;) Oh, and the photo with the peaches...yes, those are


our peaches..they are doing really well this year! mm!

Can you do a french braid on yourself?


What kind of desk/chair do you have?

13 comments

  1. Editing is the hardest part of a novel, isn't it? It kills me when I have a sentence that I love but doesn't fit in that particular scene so I have to end up deleting it... :P French braids are actually the only kind of braid that I can do other than a regular braid-- I learned how to do it by watching someone for thirty minutes while I was stuck in a quiet room!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, yes. I think it's not too hard, but mostly dreading. YES. It's horrid! I usually like to move it somewhere else. ;) I love it when you write those scenes that you just loveee. :)
      Really? The french braid was super hard for me to learn, but it works well for my hair. ;) hahahaa. I figured it out from pinterest..lol ;)

      Delete
  2. Those pictures are so pretty:)
    Congrats on your novella!
    I can't french braid, but my sister does ALL kinds of stuff in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks Emily! Thank you! I'm excited to start something new, it's like a new adventure! Do you write?
      I wish I was better with hair...more often I put my hair in a braid, bun, or leave it down. lol. It's so hard for me, maybe because I have slicker hair. :P What texture is your hair?

      Delete
  3. Congrats on completing your novella! It's weird to put down a story, isn't it? Good luck on editing. :)

    Also, I love the pictures. Beautiful job on the braid!

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dani! I actually just finished my first round of editing, so I'll be sending it out to some friends soon! :)
      Thank you! I'm working on it..it actually isn't that hard.. :) Can you do a french braid?

      Delete
  4. YAY! Good for you, Sarah! Ahh....I really dislike editing:p I also really, really, really, passionately despise math! Wow! 9 lessons in a day!? You are amazing, girl<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha, it can be bothersome. What is the most you have written for a story? :)
      Yes, math isn't my best friend..but it's not too horrible. LOL. Yes, I was going nuts. It was at the end of my math book, so it was getting a bit easier. ;)

      Delete
  5. I love that first picture. And all those peaches look SO good. Yay for finishing editing (and french braiding your own hair!) I sadly can't . . .yet. Someday, I will master it. ;) But I'm not good at doing hair, and mine is hard to work with, = a difficult combination. ;D Anyway... have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annalee! They really do, I LOVE peaches! Last year, we made peach blueberry jam. mm. Thank you! lol, I found an easier way to do it, so I finally figured it out. :)
      Yes, some hair textures make it harder for certain hairdos. :P Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  6. I am so happy for you that you finished your novella:D
    I cannot french braid on myself :( It is just so hard. Any tips? :)
    My desk chair is the same one that I have had since I was eight and it still has Hannah Montana stickers on it... I really need a new desk chair lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Keep working at yours! ;) hmm...try taking a little section at the top of your hair and put it in a ponytail then pin in, then begin braiding in a french braid. :D
      lol. I really love my blue swivel chair! :D You should totally find a swivel chair. ;)

      Delete
  7. Congrats! Both on finishing a new draft of your novella, and on being able to French braid your own hair. My hair is so long (nearly past my butt) that I simply can't do my own -- it gets too tangly. I enjoy French braiding my daughters' hair, though, and Dutch braiding it too!

    ReplyDelete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

Popular Posts

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

follow by email