duets || photoshoot

Thursday, August 27, 2015


Yesterday my sister and I went out for a photoshoot. She's teaching me how to take better portraits-so yeah,


I'm working on that. :P Anyways, she'll take "test" photos of me to show me what she's envisioning..


and those "test" photos she took of me yesterday, I actually really loved. ;) 




Julia and I have been learning a duet, we (or should I say she), googled for a "super simple duet." We've


been practicing it, (since yesterday), and we know our parts pretty well...it's just getting the timing just right


is the hard. On the first part, I'm too slow and she's too fast; the second part, I'm too fast and she's too slow.


lol! We're working on it, anyways, duets are AWESOME. Enjoy the candid shot of Julia and I (I'm in the


black shirt ;) ) 




Julia asked me to come practice on the duet earlier, and I replied, "I'm workin' on a blog post, one minute."


To which she answered, "You just did a blog post." lol! Every once in a while, our blogger gets stuck on the


computer, (one of our accounts gets stuck and won't un-log), this time Julia was the lucky one to be logged in.


lol! So, I didn't get a blog post done for a while, until I got on another computer to figure it all out. Don't know


why that happens..but now this makes twice. :P Anyways, it's unstuck now-so look for several more posts! :)


can you play any duets?


do you have problems with your blogger account?

18 comments

  1. Me and my brother do duets. Well kinda. We just play the same song at the same time. It sounds really cool because where he plays it's low and where I play it's high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun! lol. Julia and I are learning to play at the same time. ;)

      Delete
  2. Portraits... I don't know why, but I cannot take portrait photos; I mean to say I'm capable of them, I just don't like taking them, because I'm more about "being in the moment." ^.^ Oooh, what duet are you two singing? I can sing duets, but I can't play duets on the piano. >.< And never have I ever actually had any problems logging onto Blogger! That seems a bit odd, though... Huh.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I can NEVER focus on the face..I mean, it looks focused to me..but Bree says they aren't all the way focused. lol. I just need to keep working on it. ;)
      hahaa, we aren't singing...we are playing the piano..yeah, I'm not a very good singer. ;) We are learning a piano duet, that I don't actually know what it's called; we are learning it from youtube. ;)

      Delete
    2. You'll get it! Your are GREAT at detail - up close - macro - shots. Everyone has their gift. With a little more work you will be able to get all the shots in focus the first time, don't worry. It took me years to be comfortable taking portraits and doing photoshoots with groups.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Bree! :) I'm working in it. ;) It's pretty hard with those far-away-shots..I'll just keep practicing. <3

      Delete
  3. Duets are wayyyyy fun! How long have you girls been playing piano for? My sister Danella and I love mucking around playing duets. We do piano duets together, duets where she plays either the harp or piano and I play violin, and duets where we sing together. Music is awesome. :)
    I've never had a problem with Blogger! Is the problem with your computer maybe?
    Lovely photos. Your hair suits you that length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't been playing long at all. ;) We just teach ourselves some songs off Youtube. Though, we will be starting a new course soon! That sounds wonderful! I love music..I hope I get better we playing it. ;)
      It's possible; it's only been on this computer.. :P Thank you, I love it at this length too. :)

      Delete
  4. I love duets, they can be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Do you know any piano duets? :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I know one, called Heart and Soul. It's really pretty!

      Delete
  5. Duets are so fun! <3 You should record your song for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! :) haha, once we get a bit better.. ;)

      Delete
  6. I do like that writing, I also like doing that sometimes, though not quite in the same way. Also I have tagged you to answer some riddles: http://claredot.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/riddles-again.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll be sure to check it out. :)

      Delete
  7. You look lovely, Sarah! And you do such a great job with your sketches!!!!
    Chae and I do have a duet that we like to play together...I think we played it for you once, 'long ago' ;) I love you sweet friend! Love, Georgie <3 {Isaiah 26:3}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you!! <3 Your beautiful! :) Thank you!
      I remember that, you gals are great! I love you much as well! <3 <3

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

Popular Posts

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

follow by email