10,000 steps || colored pencils

Thursday, September 17, 2015

As you may have noticed-my sisters and I are very competitive. We recently got some pedometers, that have made way for another competition. Don't worry, it's all in good fun. ;) So far, I really have no idea who is winning..but it is quite crazy. So far today...5,552 steps...and somehow we are supposed to work up to 10,000 steps a day?! Or so the website we looked at says. What I want to say is: HOW?! It may be the death of me. :P

Writers block has been lessened somewhat. I've been writing here and there, jotting down notes more than anything. It's hard starting a new story, after all, I had been working on my novella for six months straight. It became so normal, I feel like a traitor starting a new one. lol!

I've recently got some colored pencils (totally awesome!) and have been sketching more. I've always enjoyed sketching, painting, crafts, anything creative. Art has always been so fascinating to me, that I just have to try everything I find. lol. I very much love sketching with color..sketching people is hard, but I'm practicing with different features at a time, playing here and there with colors. When it comes to drawing, hair and lips are the hardest for me. Facial expressions, I admit, are fun. I was about drooling (not really), over the 100 pack of pencils the other day. Like, whoa, imagine the possibilities!

Camera settings, I admit, have improved my photos greatly. I'm excited for my next post. Yes, I had two posts ready with photos. lol. I finally sat down and wrote the post. Your welcome.


have you ever gotten a pedometer?
do you sketch/paint? If so, what's the hardest thing for you to draw?

18 comments

  1. Pedometers are so much fun! :D I cannot wait to see the photos!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, they can be-as long are you aren't too competitive. lol! :D

      Delete
  2. 10,000 steps a day- that's just not natural...

    xoxo
    Grace Anne // http://totallygraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Grace...somehow I made it to 10,006 by midnight. LOL. Probably not so much today..that was tiring. ;)

      Delete
  3. We actually had pedometers when we were in 3rd grade and my class had a competition to see who could get the most steps in, it was so fun! I don't really sketch or paint, I do henna designs :P The hardest part is probably doing it on hands because I can't turn people's hands like I turn paper xD

    Lovely post and pictures Sarah ^_^

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memories are awesome, aren't they? haha, yes, that would be quite interesting..that's one nice thing about drawing, you can turn it anyway you want. :)

      Thanks, Noor!

      Delete
  4. I have never gotten a pedometer. My mum had one once but she broke it.
    I do paint (occasionally) sketch (all the time). My favourite is just sketching with an ordinary HB pencil. Lots of shading to bring it to life, etc. I can bring most things to life.. except people. People are so hard. Maybe one day I'll be able to draw people. It's the faces that get me. Hair I can do, faces I can't. I can draw individual face parts fine, just putting them together.. grrr!
    Anyway enough grouching from me. Beautiful post. You look quite grown up in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister had one also before and we couldn't find it. ;)
      I saw your sketching, you are wonderful at it! I use colored pencils and normal pencils for now..though I do want to find more HD pencils for different sketching. Do you really think it makes a difference? I find faces so intriguing though, I have to draw them. ;) Hair I need to practice more on. Do you go for the more cartoon look, or real when drawing?
      lol. Thanks, Bonnie! <3 Your so sweet! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness. That photo of the grass and sunlight. Just, woah, I just sat there staring at it. SO BEAUTIFUL! And I lOVE that pictue of you! I like how your outfir is simple yet elegant. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was laying in the grass and I wasn't even sure how the photo turned out until later. ;) haha, well that's what I want to happen. ;) Thank you! <3 Bree took it for me, it certainly is a comfortable outfit! :)

      Delete
  6. Cute skirt!! Where did you find it at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually don't remember.. lol. I borrowed it from my sis. ;)

      Delete
  7. That picture of you is so adorable!!! :) Isn't art fun?<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just this week my order of 50 colored pencils came in and I have been trying to draw faces too! What a cool coincidence:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, that is SO awesome! You'll have to show me what you've drawn. ;) I was just looking at the 100 pack of pencils..lol!

      Delete
  9. I love your skirt!!! I want it. :P
    I love to sketch too! Especially of people. Actually, I did a blog post about my art the other day, so if you'd like to see it, here's the link:https://everythingfununderthesun.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/my-art/
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Sketching is super fun...I love using pencils, but I love the pop color gives as well. :D oooh, I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

hello there fellow human. i'm sarah - the introverted extrovert. just a teenage girl who apparently likes to embarrass herself {as you will see here}

Popular Posts

followers

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

all images taken by me. credit to internet for GIF's. template off etsy - altered by me. please do not steal. thanks!