11 writing tips for my writerly readers

Tuesday, February 09, 2016


  • Make it simple. Keep one notebook for your your whole story. With ALL the information you need. Just one notebook. 
  • Get a red pen. Somehow it helps. *shrugs*

  • Take your time where you are, and focus in making it flow. Don't get excited about your next part and jump. It's called "jumpiness." << bad thing.
  • DO NOT. Whatever you do, DO NOT compare with other people's writing. It does not help whatsoever.
  • Word War. Find a writing buddy, and war to your hearts content. (you won't believe how easily the words add up).



  • Don't check out half a billion (exaggerating here), books from your library. You learn from writing. So write
  • Do basic formatting as you go. It helps relieve the dauntingness in the end. << Blogger protests this isn't a word, but my friend informed me otherwise. lol!
  • Read what you write. See if it flows. Read aloud, (embarrassing, yes, but helpful. You are allowed to whisper.) 



would you like to see pictures of my "writing system?"
what writing problems do you struggle with?


12 comments

  1. Veryhelpful! haha apparently I think thats one word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I knowww. I still think "at least" should be "atleast." lol! I don't know why, it just seems better that way. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great tips, Sarah ;). By the way, do you have a Goodreads?
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michaila! :D I don't actually, do you? I keep track of all the books I read in my planner. :D Last month I read like..16 some books. lol. I count the pages too. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha! Get. Off. Pinterest!
    Impossible.....
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I wouldn't call it impossible.....maybe. :P

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, I wish that I knew these tips when I used to write stories on Wattpad! :D I'll definitely share this post with my best friends who's LOVES writing stories though! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Well, you should pick it up again. ;) Aw, thanks so much! <3

      Delete
  5. I'd LOVE to see pictures of your writing system!
    And there are two things I really struggle with when it comes to writing: "jumpiness" and WRITING THE CLIMAX!!! I always think I'm doing all right until I get to the climax, and then I just get stuck.
    Another thing is, I don't always write down my plots and then it gets all mixed up in my head, and then if I take a break from a story for awhile and then go back to it, I'm like, "Okay....what was happening in the story again?" XD
    Great tips by the way! These will totally come in handy for me next time I write. :)
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get it together sometime! I'm still figuring out the quirks so it works better for myself. :D
      ah, yes. Jumpiness can be hard, especially if you don't quite know in depth what you are writing about.
      Writing the plot down can be a pain, but it's worth it to go back. Don't make it too intricate, simple is key. Otherwise it will get boring and you'll stop.
      Thanks, Sunny! <3

      Delete
  6. Hahaha, okay, clearly this is a sign. XP I love looking up blogs and Internet surfing when I have writer's block, so of course I stumble upon this post now! Hey, some really good tips here. I'm gonna try that red pen idea! I personally love writing normally with a blue pen.
    Okay, my one question: What is a word war?? How do I do it (and convince my sister to do it with me XD)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! The horrid writers block. I hear you. :P Thanks, Ember! The red pen can be addicting. :P They are pretty awesome. I got a pilot red pen. :D
      Let me explain...
      First set a time. 10 minutes. Okay, you have a friend (or multiple friends) and in that time you write as much as you possibly can. If possible, you say how much you wrote and then you share your last sentence with everyone.
      It's super fun, and it gets a lot of writing done. :D If you look up Word Wars on the NaNoWiki they have more info there..also on Go Teen Writers they often have word war sprints! :D

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

Popular Posts

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

follow by email