swimming in the dark || half finished

Sunday, July 31, 2016

We had been painting for a couple of hours (fresh coat on the porch!) and decided we wanted to go swimming.

Well, it was dark. Pitch black to be exact.

Well, I got my camera out and try trying to take some pictures.
Me: "UGH. Why is it turning out black?! I can't figure this out," << I've been having some problems with figuring out my settings for being outside in the dark.
Bree: "Try something else!" then she looks at my camera, "the lens cap is STILL ON."
*cue chorus of laughter*
Me: "I'M STILL GETTING USED TO THIS THING."

Well, a tip on taking photos in the dark? ...remember to take your lens cap off. 'kay?

I felt like a traitor to summer today when I wore a long sleeve shirt *gasp* because it was raining today and it got down to 69 degrees. I seriously haven't worn a long sleeve shirt in...months. i can't believe i did that. SUMMER STAY HERE FOREVER.

p.s. camp nano ENDS TODAY. LIKE, WHAT. WHERE DID THIS MONTH GO. I've reached my goal, BUT MY BOOK ISN'T HALFWAY DONE. LIKE, WHAT.


are you the person who has to set goals to get things done?
have you worn a long sleeve shirt at all this summer?

16 comments

  1. LOL! That is hilarious! Swimming in the dark is fun. D

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. I think I'd like to try swimming in an actual pool that has lights IN it. that would just be so cool. xD

      Delete
  2. HAHAA!!! okay. that was like one of the best moments in time xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't laugh at me *glares* but yeah, it was. xD

      Delete
  3. Yes, I have to set goals.... if I want anything done, otherwise it just doesn't get done.
    I've been wearing multiple layers of long sleeves! It's winter down here in New Zealand! Whereabouts in the States are you? Obviously somewhere warm - maybe Florida? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goals work pretty well for me--or mental notes. or, er, sticky notes. xP

      yikes! I can't imagine having my summer in winter. What's it like having summer for Christmas?? It's probably pretty cool. xD How cold does it get over there normally??

      Delete
  4. By the way, all your little social media icons at the end of your posts are broken apart from the Google Plus one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, oops! I've got to update those--thanks for reminding me! <3

      Delete
  5. Hahaha, Sarah, I have been working with cameras since I was eleven and I still forget to take the lens cap off sometimes...so funny ;)

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!! same here--I never had to do it with my other camera because it always fell off :P glad to know there is someone else out there who understands. *fistbump*

      Delete
  6. Long sleeved shirts in the summer is a crime, unless it's raining. It's still raining here, where I live... like, we have five days of pure sunshine, four days of cloudiness, and then five days of it just raining so you can't really do anything. And agh, I relate with not removing the lens cap. XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, don't worry. It's sunny now and I've got capris and short sleeves on. ;) It's supposed to be warm and sunny all week. xD CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S AUGUST. GAH. xP

      Delete
  7. Yes! xD When I first got my camera, I did leave the lens on and was like 'Omword I broke it!' xD But nooo...
    I like the pictures, nice feel to 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yes, I know. Like that split second of your stomach dropping. ughh. Well, good thing it was only the lens cap, huh?

      Thanks, Angela! <3

      Delete
  8. AGH. Swimming in the dark is sooooooo fun! Totally rocks. And CONGRATS on finishing NaNo, Sarah!!! I hope you have fun finishing the rest of your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had WAY to much fun. Oh my gosh. A lot of laughing that night. lol.

    ReplyDelete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

hello there fellow human. i'm sarah - the introverted extrovert. just a teenage girl who apparently likes to embarrass herself {as you will see here}

Popular Posts

followers

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

all images taken by me. credit to internet for GIF's. template off etsy - altered by me. please do not steal. thanks!