consequences of writing 11k in 1 day || a sugar free week

Thursday, November 03, 2016

this is Jane, our kitty



You may have heard of this 5k day thing that was planned for November first. epic, and insane sounding, right? well, you're correct. Believe it or not, competition got the better of me and instead of 5k, I ended up with over 11k. um, yes. dont ask.

what it's like writing on mywriteclub:
"GAH NO YOU CANT GET 10 WORDS AHEAD STAHP"
"whew I'm 50 words ahead *pauses for breath* WAIT NO STOP WRITING YOU ARE CATCHING UP SSTTAAHHPP"

everyone in chat:
SARAH STOP
SHES ON FIRE SHOW ME HOW
RLY SARAH

yeah that's when I was writing 1,300 words in 25 mins which normally takes me over an hour whoops. #sorrynotsorry



after I finished writing 11k I legit tried to speak and nothing came out for a second and I freaked that I lost all my words but FEAR NOT muahahhahaaaa


Okay, so somehow during this nano thing, I also got dragged into (literally) a sugar free week. LIKE SRSLY. so, after writing a ton I was kinda..well, let's just say..the whole night I was literally stumbling on almost every word for real
Julia: "go get the blueberries out of the freezer and watch the ice cream"
me: "what. you want me to get the icecream?" *pause* "oh. wait. we can't have sugar *cue crushed dreams*

so yeah this is how I wrote 11,358 words in one day. I really don't know how but it was epic. thanks to all my writing buddies for literally stressing me into fire mode on mywriteclub. whose up for another 5k day? 10k? how 'bout 15k? come on you know you want to.

p.s. GUYz I LEGIT WAS ALLOWED ONE M&M FOR REACHING 11k IN ONE DAY. EVERYBODY SCREAM.


what's the most you've ever written in a day?
have you ever been so tired you can't speak?

14 comments

  1. Ahem. SO YEAH, STILL WRAPPING MY MIND AROUND THIS. Like whaaaaaaat.

    That description of mywriteclub = accurate.

    And your cat??? TOTALLY ADORABLE. I WANT. *grabby hands* (But I have a cute kitty of my own so I think I'll be fine. XD)

    HOW DID YOU SURVIVE ON ONE M&M?! Seriously, I wouldn't have made it to 21k in three days if I didn't have my candy. *blinks because 21k is so many words*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr it's still insane and YOU NEED TO STOP WRITING BTW

      NO *slaps hand* LEAVE THE KITTY ALONE xD

      um I actually did great and I survived just fine--NO SUGAR HAS MADE ME STRONG xD ikr JUST STOP WRITING YOU ARE WAY TOO AHEAD OKAY

      Delete
  2. can I just...can I just take a moment to express just how awed I am by your photos...
    and dude, 1 m&m for 11k? I wrote 5k and then made chocolate donuts that night and all I could think about was how glad I am that I didn't let you guys persuade me, xD
    and I'm still so in awe of the fact that you wrote 11k in a day and 15k over the course of three days that I'm literally just done screaming about it and just sitting here like i don't even know how I feel about this tbh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um..sureee??.. xD
      IT WAS LEGIT FINE. actually, it didn't even taste that great I don't rly miss sugar that much. SO THERE. we are strong. :D :D
      yeah I know I still am too lolol actually I should go writeeee..

      Delete
  3. WHOA. That is a LOT of words! *high five* CONGRATTTS, GIRLLL!!!
    Haha, I know allll about "conserving" sugar...heh heh. :P My mom's always like, "Grace, that has too much sugar" or "Eat something before you have all that sugar." We call her the "Sugar Nazi." XD XD XD
    Good luck with NaNo! Keep up updated in the chat! :D
    ~Grace <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD DO THAT IN A DAY IT WAS EPIC THANKSSS!!
      hahahhaaa, well, that's good for you--I don't miss sugar *THAT* much just a few things. like my cider and chocolate. xD
      Thanks!! You too!

      Delete
  4. OH GOOD GRIEF, I didn't realize that was how much you wrote the first day XD. I think the most I've written in one day is ... 6k? 8k? BUT YOU DID 11K GO YOU! *would give you candy, but can't*
    I think we've all been having too much fun with the NaNo '16 Cabin XD.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH IT WAS INSANE..considering the most I had ever written in a day was a little over 3k. *ahem* oh. that was horrible.
      YES ITS SO EPIC AND AWESOME AND WE PROCRASTINATE A LOT BUT WE STILL END UP GETTING A TON DONE xD

      Delete
  5. OMG YOU DID GREAT. I want to have at least one NaNo day where I write anywhere from 5k to 15k. It's just hard for me because I like to pace myself and concentrate half on quality as well as quantity, + I'm a relatively slow writer in general. But today is Saturday, so I'm hoping to get at least 3k in. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS SO MUCH. EEP YES YOU MUST SO IT. I felt the same way, and, at first when I wrote my first 5k I felt it was rly horrible--but after I looked at it with a refreshed mind I really liked it. :D

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S CRAZY AND FANTASTIC AND GOOD JOB. *grins* *high five* An M&M. Aahahaaaa... XD

    Literally, though...nice work. 11K in one day?! YOU WERE ON FIREEEE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEPPP THANKSSSS lolol ikr hey I prooved you can go without sugar and write just as much xD

      YESSSSSS xD

      Delete
  7. Oh MAH GOSH your cat is the cutest! 😍

    But yeah you and Julia are insane because you even wrote that much in one day *nod nod* I still am just like *shrugs* *throws hands up* XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <33333333333

      hahahhaa, yeaaahhhhh--it was epic tho. noooo! KEEP TRYING. YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL.

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

Popular Posts

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

follow by email