J A N U A R Y || ft. randommess + national chocolate cake day

Monday, January 30, 2017


STUFF ACCOMPLISHED:
 - saw rogue one - I'M STILL DYING PEOPLE LIKE *sobs*

- I PUBLISHED A COPY OF MY NOVEL *flails*

- stayed on top of school *thumbs up*

- let Julia read my novel DUN DUN DUUNNN

- ate chocolate cake on national chocolate cake day


WRITING:
- so like writing died this month?...okay so writing died but my brain didn't (shockingly) yes, I have a new idea for a novel. shhhh. XD I WILL TELL NOTHING PEOPLE.



- also. I PRINTED MY BOOK OUT IN BOOK FORM SO DUH THAT COUNTS ^^

POSTS I LIKED:



the silent one - by s.m.b - << can we just be done now and say this post legit describes how most introverts feel. yes? moving on.


how to hide from editing - by hannah -  << let's just say all writers need to read this. now.







i don't want to just exist - by clara - << shall we just say this describes introverts again? yepyep
letting go of your story - by hannah - << um. just yes. so same such truth.
the girl in the mirror - by savannah - << HOW CAN SHE WRITE SO BEAUTIFULLY LIKE IT'S NO FAIR 

COMPLETELY RANDOM MOMENTS:
- me: *unplugs phone*
charger: *flings back and scrapes finger*

- that moment when you check your email an you just got 56 new emails *prepares thumb for scrolling*

- when there is one chocolate left and Julia put it in her hand, then behind her back
Julia: "choose"
me: "NO THATS LIKE LIFE DECISION"
and yes she did get the chocolate bc i apparently chose the wrong one i still think it was a fraud shhhh

- when Julia starts closing the fridge on you bc she doesn't know you are standing there

- *totally was not blasting the veggie tales hair brush song bc someone in my group chat mentioned it* *cough cough*



- when you are doing a true and false test and ALL the answers are true and you start getting suspicious even though you know for sure that they are all true and breathe a sigh of relief when you get them all correct

- mom: *hands me box*
me: *is talking with julia* *glances down*

me: "wait mom - why am I holding this box?"
^^that moment when someone hands you something and you subconsciously take it

- when your sound on your headphones fits that happy perfection level like yaasssssss

- me trying to get people out of the car as go in the store: "COME ON PEOPLE"
*voice echos thruout the parking lot*
me: "ohhhhhkkaayyy. that was embarrassing"

- legit bringing icecream into the theater and being totally against it but somehow you end up the one bringing the loot in

- *ordering a pair of shoes online*
website: your order may arrive in multiple packages
Julia: "ooohhh you might get yours shoes in separate packages"
me: *headdesk*

- getting two paper cuts on completely different spots on your hand in a time span of 30 seconds #skills


- *goes on an emperors new groove spree watching all the movies with the siblings* *slyly sticks more emperors new groove on my blog* *cough cough*

- Julia while taking a walk: "guess what time it is"
me: "5—"
Julia: "nope"
me: "4:24?"
Julia: *jaw drop* *sticks up watch*
watch: 4:24
me: *whispers* "I have superpowers"

when all you want for breakfast is an over-easy egg and you break the yolk twice then burn the toast like -_-

- my brothers method of cleaning: *smacks wall with wet dish towel*
me: ....


- *starts coloring in a adult coloring book* *two gel pens start leaking*
me: WELP. there goes my creative juices. WHO EVER SAID THIS RELIEVED STRESS

- me to little sis: "how many beads are on your necklace?"
sis: "I'd better count em. be quiet please."
me: ....

- Thursday afternoon: *sends pics to my email* *images refuse to send*
Friday evening: *phone buzzes* *glances down* well those pics finally decided to send

- me: *finds typos in a legit published book*
me: "YAASSSS"

- racing to get the phone aka sliding on the floors in your socks and skidding to a stop and just as you grab the phone someone else answers from the other line

- me: *eats super spicy chips* *mouth burns* *nose runs* *eats more*
Hannah: "maybe you should stop"
me: "but I like them"

- bro: "hey will you come click the video on our camera. we are making a movie"
me: "sure"
bro: "yeah we can't do it bc we are both supposed to be dead in this scene. like like king and the other guy are dead and everything"
me: "...ohhhkaaayyy"
- me: *has my arm around my head as I'm lying down*
me mentally: WHO IS TOUCHING ME
me: ......oh. oops.

- little bro: "I don't want to grow up"
me: "yeah?"
bro: "yeah. when I'm your age I think I'll cry"
me: "...wow...thx"


- when you wait three whole minutes to scare ju in the basement and then give up bc she's taking too long


- *coughcough* and no Hannah and I were totally not in the middle of a pun battle that went on for an hour either noooo nope

- that awkward moment when you accidentally publish like 15 posts you meant to delete ah that's just so me

JANUARY COMPLETED GOALS:
- brainstorm a new novel idea  - YAAASSS. *will be plotting this soon*

- update something with my blog design - #fail

- get better with my macro lens - i did like halfway i suppose. i tried it out some but rly i wish summer would come. photoshoots are so much easier then

- beta read one book - yaasss. I beta read Katie Grace's 'The Sand Dragon's Song' and omw it's so brilliant i cannot wait for the sequel like yaassss
*gives katie allllll the pizza*

- make and keep up a writers journal - YES. *hugs my journal*

GOALS FOR FEBRUARY:
- plot my new novel to completedness (shh yes i made up this word yes it's cool)

- try a new bullet journaling style

- update my phone (bc the old one isn't working. bllaahh)

- beta read one book (again yes. hey, I like reading)

- make a playlist for my new novel
can you believe january is OVER already??
which was your fav random moment?

42 comments

  1. Ok, first lemme say that pizza gif is AHMAZING! I want to eat all of it. ok. Moving on...

    You put my poem on here?! So sweet. :)
    loved this month in review post! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear more about this story idea.

    "Have fun storming the workshop!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOTALLY AGREED *wants to eat alll the pizza too*

      well, duh - I loved it so much! :D aww, thanks!! Oh you totally will - once I learn more about it myself hahaa

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate to the getting siblings out of the van at the store . . . and yes, you can get some weird looks if you raise your voice too high. xD
    AND TYPOS IN A PUBLISHED BOOK! I found a couple in a book this month, and I was SO HAPPY! Okay, that sounds terrible, but if a traditionally published author who has a professional editor misses things . . . then I feel really good about my books. ;P
    It sounds like you had an amazing month!I think my favorite random moments was you getting siblings out of the van . . . because it's just to relatable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ikr it echoed so much tho like whoops XD

      *fistbump* SEE. I said it was so cool and someone gave me this weird look like, "why?" and I'm like, "bc it shows they are real.." aww. thanks! <33

      Delete
  3. OH GRACIOUS your monthly wrapup posts are always so very amusing xD.

    EEP OBLIVION. I still can't get over how GORGEOUS your book is! (Ju finished alpha-ing it already, right?) And OH MY you mentioned my post - thank you so much, girl! <3

    Julia closed the fridge door on you - omw, I do that to my sisters all the time xD. (also, the veggietales thing was hilarious xD) I basically can't stop laughing at all of your random moments THEY ARE THE BEST *dies*.

    YOU HAD TO POST THE PIZZA GIF *now really really needs pizza* xD.

    You did AWESOME with your January goals that you completed - can't wait to see what you do in February!

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOSH THANK YOU GIRLIE <33

      SAAAMMEEE. yep - ju finished hahaa. I'm pretty excited about editing in July - kinda?.. aww, of course <33

      ugh yes. she always does it and I'm like, "HEY. I'M IN HERE." so stop closing your sisters in the fridge, Sav. XD

      WELL YES I FOUND IT AND WAS LIKE WHOA AMAZINGNESS

      aw, thanks! Me either - I'm pretty excited about it :D

      Delete
  4. Love how eating chocolate cake on National Chocolate Cake Day is marked as an accomplishment XD
    Also that pun battle was totally one of the greatest things we've done.
    And yasss you totally should make your new novel a playlist! They're so much fun to make and also help you get into the feel of your story/characters I think.

    Overall quite awesome post. *nodnod*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well of course that's an accomplishment. THERE IS A DAY DEDICATED TO CHOCOLATE CAKE AND NOT EVERYONE KNOWS OR CELEBRATES IT SO YEAH IT'S AN ACCOMPLISHMENT XD

      totally! I'm excited to make it - it'll be nice to have something to listen to that is legit for my book, ya know? XD

      *nodnod* thankyouverymuch XD

      Delete
  5. OMG I totally laughed at the random moments. Good luck with your february goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs with you at my weirdness* XD aww, thanks!!

      Delete
  6. Once again, you have produced another amazing post! Like how do you do it? I can't even XD
    Awww you put my post up there!! ^^ Your so sweet!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww - you are so sweet!! <333

      I loved it so much - of course! :D

      Delete
  7. Loved this wrap up so much!! My favorite random moments were the one where your brother said he didn't want to grow up and that he would cry when he was your age; and the paper cut(s) one. xD

    Happy February! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks, girlie!! <33 hahaa ikr he said that and suddenly it was like, "uhh. okay?.." ugh yes like papercuts are so annoying like WHY xP XD

      Delete
  8. YOU ATE CHOCOLATE CAKE ON NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CAKE DAY *WAILS* HOW DID I NOT EVEN KNOW THAT WAS A THING *sobs* But seriously, go you for doing that! ;D
    I loved reading this post! It seems like your January was pretty good. AND YOUR BOOK LOOKS SO GOOD AAAH
    and your gif's are always so perfect like HOWWWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I TOTALLY DID (hannah actually told me about it and suddenly we decided to make cake like yep) AWW. WELL YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT NEXT YEAR K YEP

      aww, thanks!! EEEEP THANK YOU SO MUCH ugh ikr gif's are the best things evah xD

      Delete
  9. OH WHEEEEERRRRREEEE IS MY HAIRBRUSHHHHHHH

    Adult coloring books are so much fun. But also stressful because how do you know which color to put where and what if you mess up and can't re do it?!?! Yeah. Yesss the phone. All. The. Time.

    I know! There's already been a whole month of 2017. 0_0 *still misstypes the date*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH WHERE OH WHERE OH WHERE OH WHERE OH WHEEERRREEEEEE ISMYHAIRBRUSH *laughs uncontrollably*

      it would be more fun if my gel pens would stop leaking on me lol XD

      WAHT. a whole month? *suddenly realizes this* gosh. only 11 months left. so weird. hahaa, I got the date, surprisingly, right away. I did do 2016 once tho *still thinks 2016 looks more pleasing*

      Delete
    2. Okay so my family was singing songs after dinner tonight (my dad was trained professionally so he was singing female opera songs and it was hilarious). Anyway, Dad sang Think of me Fondly hitting every note perfectly, then I responded with Hairbrush song and Mom started belting out Barbra Manatee and we lost it. XD

      Yeeeaaahhh.... :D

      It's all angular. *makes face* Although the color's nice.

      Delete
    3. dude. the mix of those songs like omw *dies laughing* I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH THAT XD

      Delete
  10. THE FIRST MONTH OF 2017 IS OVER SARAHHHH HOW. JUST HOWWWW. Also I literally love all these crazy moments that you have so much like yaaaaaas can I be that interesting?????? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAAARRRAAAHH I KNOWWW ITT. LIKE *sobs* WHY. that's okay. I want summer tho XD hahahaa thhaannkk yooouuuu XD

      Delete
  11. Now I want pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too wants pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

      Delete
  12. DUDE I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN ROGUE ONE AND I'M JUST LIKE WAHT. Obviously I need to get my priorities straight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dude set those priorities k. but rly the characters are amazing but *sobs* *whaps the people who made the movie* LIKE, RLY. *still thinks about it* but yes *sighs* you still should see it

      Delete
  13. Haha, for a while now I've been randomly bursting out in veggie tales songs, so don't worry, you're not alone! 😊
    I like this post. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol veggie tales songs are legit da best. XD I think my fav might be the pizza one tho XD

      Delete
  14. i can't believe i missed national chocolate cake day, i'm so upset.
    also, "mom why am i holding this box?" yes xD i laughed so hard
    i too failed to update my blog (second month running) so now i feel better about myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dude write it down on your calendar so you don't miss it again bc rn you were unaware but next year - if you miss it and know it that's like..a crime.
      IKR I was so confused like waahtt. XD
      *nods slowly* *sighs* life happens sometimes. But yes, we should both do it. *pushes you off to do the thing*

      Delete
  15. Okay, that chocolate cake gif is my new favorite. XD

    lollol when you said that your gel pens started leaking: "well there go my creative juices?" I started thinking of your creative juices being the insides of the gel pens XD

    lollol@your little brother

    Your January sounds like so much fun omgns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agreed xD

      HA. I wrote it and was like "oh wow. that's actually a pun lol" AND NO ONE ELSE NOTICED EXCEPT YOU SO *gives you all the chocolate cake*

      aww, thanks - and yes it totally was XD

      Delete
  16. OH Sarah....I enjoy your posts like these. Your monthly wrap ups. Your siblings say the cutest funniest things. (I saw some comments they made on Ju's blog.) :)
    Thank for all the help you've been with publishing my book.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Ashley! They are pretty fun to put together its fun to keep a sort of fun "record" of life. XD

      aw, of course! I hope it turns out well :D

      Delete
  17. This is awesome, Sarah! Oh my goodness, you do a great job pulling out the hilarity in life! I especially loved your "who is touching me"! Your brothers' video, too. Oh my word.
    And Veggies & Emperor's New Groove. *nods*
    Love you, and keep up the good work. I always love reading your posts!
    Yours,
    Georgie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaa - believe me there are so many things that don't even get on here they are so crazy hahaa xD LOL I laughed so hard at my brother's video - it's so fun seeing their humor and stories they like to make XD

      aww, thanks, girlie!! <33

      Delete
  18. Oh my gosh so many funny quotes and memories I cannot. XD

    ALSO EEP THANKS FOR THE VIRTUAL PIZZA AND READING SONG OF THE DESERT. *happy flails*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omw lol thaankk youuu XD

      YOU ARE SO WELCOME *wards off everyone else who wants the pizza* legit. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL OKAY YEP totally reading that XD

      Delete
  19. SO TRUE, COLORING DOESN'T HELP RELIVE STRESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. maybe it's bc i'm a perfectionist-ish?..heh. :P

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

hello there fellow human. i'm sarah - the introverted extrovert. just a teenage girl who apparently likes to embarrass herself {as you will see here}

Popular Posts

followers

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

all images taken by me. credit to internet for GIF's. template off etsy - altered by me. please do not steal. thanks!