R E C E N T N E S S || volunteering + I GOT TO SEE INSIDE THE BACK OF THE LIBRARY

Monday, August 07, 2017

R E C E N T   L I F E N E S S -

T H I S  M O R N I N G -
it rained and i wanted sleep but alas, work called. *feels like I never really woke up this morning*

R A N D O M N E S S -
spontaneously went blueberry picking. loving salt water taffy waaayyy too much. failing at keeping my room clean. looking at all the lovely fonts to download to use. trying to keep my open tabs to a limit. falling for the pretty school folders (they actually have pretty colors now gaaaahhh). lots of 50 cent frosties. scuffed + scratched phone case (I drop it a looootttt). new sunglasses. a new dress that I'm going to fix & alter. feeling kinda sad cuz AUGUST. wishing summer could stay forever.

W R I T I N G -
welllll, it's on my planner to sit down and figure out my novel. currently, I'm helping Julia with something of hers sooo *is still kinda being productive*

S U M M E R  R E A D I N G  E V E N T -
so I volunteered for a the libraries summer reading finale this year and OMW IT WAS SO AWESOME. we set up the event and had a bunch of fun with the other teen volunteers. I lugged a 5 gallon thing full of water balloons outside and then guys I GOT TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE BACK OF THE LIBRARY. I mean, I know my library super well, but I had never been in the back before and it was soooo coooolll.

but the actual thing was also pure epicness. Basically it was 50 teens let loose with nerf guns in the library playing capture the flag, then there was a pizza party, and theeennn, a water war. so the water war had a water balloon battle (one of my friends dunked the remainder of the bucket of water on me *squints*, dunk tank, slip n slide, and water shooters. basically, I got purely soaked. like, so soaked, guys. BUT IT WAS SO AWESOME 

what are some random things that you have done/have been feeling recently?
have you ever volunteered for something before?

16 comments

  1. Volunteering at libraries is so much fun! I felt the same way about the back of my library and the basement!! XD

    I'm glad your life has been full of fun random things!

    -Gray Marie
    graymariewrites.blogspot.coom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aggreeedd!! I'm going to be doing it so much more often now XD ooohh, a basement?? I actually don't know if our library has one..huh - I've never really thought about it *must know now*

      aww thanks! <33

      Delete
  2. Ohhh sounds like so much fun!!!! And 50 CENT FROSTIES? (I really need one...please?!)
    I really adore those 2 last pictures, and your random list thingy ♡♡♡ basically just your whole blog tho.♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES the 50 cent frosties are AMAZING and so much of it and it's addicting and I've had waaaaayyy too many this summer, haha XD

      aw, thanks!! those were some wild flowers my dad + siblings and I picked for my mom in the blueberry patch <33 aww, thank you, Paige!

      Delete
  3. Well I just cut my hair super short so... yeah that was pretty big in life happenings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oohh wooowwww! How short?? I'm thinking of trimming mine again, but I can also do french braids with this length. too many decisions hahhaaa XD

      Delete
  4. You guys seriously have the best library. Isn't the back so cool, though? There was a NaNo event a few years back at mine that took place in the off-limits upstairs and there was an elevator and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeessssss. they have like a ton of books back there and random event stuff and more books and fridges with food for events and all such coolness. omw WAHT a nano event?? that sounds so EPIC! What did they do for it?? I might have to suggest it at our library (we have meeting where we suggest events and they actually legit happen). and whoahaoaa AN ELEVATOR?? THAT IS SO COOL *wants an elevator in our library* that would be so awesome with nerf battles hahaha

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness I love love love all those big beautiful photos. <3 <3 <3

    Sophy of SophysLighthouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been craving sugar and bread I would really love some of those taffies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohh okay, yes. same. I did make some homemade bread today, although, it's almost all gone already -_-

      Delete
  7. Wow! I love your photos.
    That library event sounds like a ton of fun!
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Mira! it soooo was. I can't wait for them to do another! :D

      Delete
  8. You always have such beautiful pictures! :) I have never volunteered at my library. I would like to one day though. You're library sounds awesome! Have a great August!
    -Emma-
    https://realandofficialmatters.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *melts* aawweee thank you!! I never officially have before, but I plan on doing it a lot more now XD it totally is - I'm excited for next summer when they'll do some of the events Julia and I suggested XD thanks, and you too! <33

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

hello there fellow human. i'm sarah - the introverted extrovert. just a teenage girl who apparently likes to embarrass herself {as you will see here}

Popular Posts

followers

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

all images taken by me. credit to internet for GIF's. template off etsy - altered by me. please do not steal. thanks!