My novella preview

Friday, January 09, 2015

I've been carrying my camera around with me lately, taking a picture here are there so sit back and enjoy!
   So, last night I was catching up on some writing and I sat on my bed with my AlphaSmart. I got my AlphaSmart for Christmas to help me with my writing, it's just like typing on a document, only no internet, which means no distractions! Then you just plug it into the computer and it types out all your words. It's really awesome, so anyways I was using my AlphaSmart and catching up on what I wrote, jotting down quite a few great ideas that I thought of.  

Here is the beginning/preview to my story so far, (please be kind and do not steal): 
                                                                              ***
Jess ran out of the house, with the letter still in her hands that clenched it as if she would never let it go. Never.

Jess cried. Unable to bear it. She couldn’t seem to hold it in any longer.    
   “How could they have done this to me?! How could they have lied to my whole life?” She cried out miserably.
   
   It had only been the day before that she had been sitting on that hill enjoying the glorious view, only now the hill seemed to have lost it’s glory. Jess stared again at the letter in her hand. She couldn't believe it, but she had to.  
                                                                                 ***
Summary:
Jess is living a completely normal life; when her parents tell her something that will change her life. She travels through troubles, happiness, and sorrow to find who she truly is inside.
                                                                              ***
So, I have quite a bit written and finally found a good story line, my mind buzzes with ideas all the time, last night while in bed I had to get out and scribble out an idea I had on my notebook. I'm really excited about that one. So, for now I am calling it, 'The Adventure Begins,' but I'm pretty sure I'm going to change that and I have some new ideas for that. My story takes place in 1920-1930, and it about the Irish immigrants, with my own twist in it. The first girl above, is Jess. My character, the second girl is Calle, which is Jess' close friend and companion during everything. It's really neat, because I made their characters before and found those pictures on the internet and they were exactly what I was picturing! 

I've really been enjoying my camera, and you will usually see me around with it around my neck. ;)




                                                                          What do you think of my novella preview?
                                                                                        Would you read it? Does it get your attention?
                                                                                                         Do you like embroidery?

20 comments

  1. That's really good, Sarah Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh your snippet had me hooked! It sounds really great! I'm doing a similar time period one but it's English imagrints that came to Australia and settled in Melbourne. (My family history).

    That word processor sounds neato! That's the problem with me I get distracted so that would be so handy. Most of the time I sit upstairs in my writing chair ink on my hands as I always accidentally smudge my page.

    I like to feel like Jo march. :D

    I do hope I'm not going to bore you if I share one idea of s story I'm also doing but a regency sound of music. XD

    Have a lovely day!
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gals are making me feel much better. I'm too much of a critic with my writing, so usually I stop and no one ever sees it. :P This time I decided I was going to keep going, no matter what! Ooh neat! I would love to see some of it some time. Actually, I'm doing it about my family history as well now that I think about it. I'm part Irish, I always thought Ireland was just so beautiful and neat and I just loved that time period. It's so fun to write in.
      Ugh, I know! It's so much easier, a plus is I can do it whenever and bring it where ever I go. Ooh that is neat! I want to get a spinning chair, those are so neat. ;) I have like two desks in my room and lots of pens and paper. :)
      Oh no, I love to hear about other peoples writings, it's just so interesting to see how other people have their techniques and I'm always ready to learn something new. So your doing more than one? I have never done that before, I like to just stick with one.
      I have like 12,000 words now, aiming for 30,000..I will go farther if I can. I might be able to with all these good ideas I'm getting. When I started, I didn't even think I would get this far! :D
      Oh dear, I went on a while didn't I? :) Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. sounds really interesting :) I tried writing historical fiction, let me just say, it was a fail. EPIC FAIL. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Autumn! That is so funny, because that is ALL I can write! I've seriously tried to write in the current time period, and somehow I end up going back in time, don't ask how...even I don't know. It just comes easier to write in that time period because I read more of that period so I know little things that happened. Haha, what do you write about and when then? :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an exciting story!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your novella sounds interesting! Reading about the Roaring 20s and the 30s; please post more! :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, I think I'd have to get a copyright before I could do that if I showed a lot or the whole thing. But I might once I edit/write more! :D

      Delete
  6. That was beautiful, Sarah! I would just love to see more of it!!!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Once I finish it, I'll have to show you. (Don't know when that will be...:) ) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I love it! It's so interesting!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read more!

    maddysdigitaldiary.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddy! :D I'm so glad that you like it! :D

      Delete
  8. Such a nice start to your story!
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey,
    do you do ad space?
    i can do your blog if you do mine...?

    --Jamie

    http://ayearofnaturestudies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie! No, I don't do that, however I do have a "Friends," page. :) I just like that better than cluttering up my sidebar. :) I put your blog link up, but if you make a button or image I could use that as well. :D (BTW I'm working on replying to your email. :) )

      Delete
  10. Your book sounds interesting, Sarah!! I can't wait till you publish it. Keep up the good work!! :)

    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    How did you redo your background? It's very pretty and I like it! Please respond to this comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! :D hahaa, yeahhh IF I publish it. ;) Thanks for your comment! :D

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

hello there fellow human. i'm sarah - the introverted extrovert. just a teenage girl who apparently likes to embarrass herself {as you will see here}

Popular Posts

followers

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

all images taken by me. credit to internet for GIF's. template off etsy - altered by me. please do not steal. thanks!