christmas village || stringing the tree

Thursday, December 17, 2015


Dear me people, here comes the snow! I just hope it sticks for Christmas, then nicely melts. ;)



Yesterday I was able to get almost all my Christmas shopping done. Yes. My sister and I got dropped off at


the store to get our shopping done..I admit, it's fun roaming the store without a list. lol. I was able to find some


adorable things for my siblings..I'm glad to have that done. I only have to order one more gift online for Ju


(shhh), and find something for my dad. Seriously. My dad is SO hard to get gifts for. lol! 




Every few years or so we switch out whether we get color lights, or white. (Usually we swap when they die,


lol). Forgive me, but I can't wait until these ones do. ;P I love elegant trees. Silver, gold and glitter. Pow.


You've got me. I love tinsel, shiny things, bulbs—matching ornaments. And elegant white/creamish lights. I


think it would be deliciously fun one year to have a real tree. I have a friend that gets a real tree for Christmas,


and she says "it smells like Christmas." I suppose I've never really smelled Christmas before then. lol! I


strung the Christmas tree this year, as you can see. *grin*




As you may have noticed, the tree isn't decorated other than lights. Well, it's our family tradition to move to


tree from our dining room into our living room on Christmas Eve night—and get our all the decorations


and decorate as a family while listening to Christmas music. :D I remember when I was..6 or so playing with little


doll house people in the branches of the tree. We turned all the lights out, except for the tree lights. My sisters


and I played there were different houses, neighbors, villages, ect. That really was such fun. <3



Oh, and a week from today is Christmas Eve..yikess peopleee! 



who is the hardest in your family to find a gift for?


colorful or white lights?

17 comments

  1. Love the photos! Gosh, 21 degrees is the low on Friday???!!!! Everyone in my family are hard to shop for! I like white lights.

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allie! <3 lol. Yes, that does look a bit chilly. ;P Oh, I have people where it's too easy and you keep finding stuff to get them! I agree, it makes for a cleaner tree. I especially like how they look in the night, with all the other lights turned out. <3

      Delete
  2. Haha, same! I have gifts for my entire family apart from my Dad... lol...
    We've had a real tree every year for as long as I can remember. It truly doesn't smell like Christmas until the pine tree is in the living room! Sadly one of my sisters gets bad hay fever now so last year and this year we've had to have a fake tree. :( It's definitely not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I knoww, I seriously don't know what to get my dad. ;P
      Oh, how wonderful! I really would like to smell a freshly cut pine tree. aw, well, it will be a childhood memory then. Do you cut your own tree, or get it at a tree lot? :)

      Delete
  3. We just got our tree (always live:)at Lowes yesterday!
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a cute little Christmas village that has been collected through the years<3
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oohhhh, are live trees expensive? (I always thought they were, but never really found out. lol).

      aw, my mom just couldn't help getting these. They really are so adorable. <3

      Delete
    2. Live trees ARE expensive-But if you find that perfect one at the right time, it's not such a bad price.
      -Mic

      Delete
    3. ahh, that's neat. Have you always had a real tree? :)

      Delete
  5. White lights:)
    We used to get a real tree until I was like three. So I don't really remember it. We finally got a new tree after having our other one for 15 years. It's so much bigger and brighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, that's neat! oohh. We've had our tree for a longgg time, in the next few years I'm sure we'll have to get a new one. ;) :)

      Delete
    2. It was starting to go bald. Hehe....
      When we had our reel tree we also got mice.

      Delete
    3. lol! Well, that's not good. ;)
      ohhh, well, that's a set back. lol. Real trees really are gorgeous though.. :D

      Delete
  6. My family got our tree last week. We always go to the same place to get it.
    ~Anna
    the3musketeerssite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! We are just finishing up our decorations today, other than Christmas Eve decorating the tree. :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous photos, I actually do not celebrate Christmas but my mom and I put up a mini tree in the living room sometimes :P I love colorful lights, I'm more of a crazy colorful person!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noor! <3 I love mini trees—we got a smaller one for our lounge area in the basement--and decorated with silver and glittery bulbs. *grin* :D I wish they had cute color mixtures (with the ones we have I mean). I would love different shades of blue lights, I'm sure they have them though--and I'm just ignorant of the knowledge that they exist. lol!

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

hello there fellow human. i'm sarah - the introverted extrovert. just a teenage girl who apparently likes to embarrass herself {as you will see here}

Popular Posts

followers

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

all images taken by me. credit to internet for GIF's. template off etsy - altered by me. please do not steal. thanks!