MAY IN REVIEW || preparing for nano + summer + {hello june}

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

MAY -
- helped my dad set up our new pool (NOW WILL IT JUST GET WARM ENOUGH?? xP)
(this was during the leveling xD)

- read a toooonnnn (and checked out like 20+ more books. whoops xD)

- FINISHED SCHOOL *cheers and flails and everything*
- mentally brainstormed for the second part of my novel ALL THE THINGS TO HAPPEN xD

- went to a friends graduation party (which was super fun xD)

basically, this month was super busy and I'm having a hard time remembering everything that happened haha. but I seriously got basically all my wall art up so hopefully the room tour will happen sometime this month (lol idk anymore haha). 

WRITING - 
- writing basically didn't exist this month BUT THAT ACTUALLY WAS MY PLAN believe it or not. I decided to take a little break and enjoy the summer although next month will be plotting. which I don't mind /too/ much. I'm actually pretty excited about it?? my alpha-er's have been giving me some brilliant ideas for part 2 of my novel. *concocts plot in corner*
- oh, and I sent the first part of my novel off to like 5 alpha readers and omw they have been so helpful in giving me ideas for part two *is excited*

- it was also amazingly creepy when one of my readers described my MC for me as what she saw (I don't often describe my characters lol) and I sent her a pic of my inspiration for my MC and OMW IT WAS EXACTLY AS SHE DESCRIBED *flails*

RANDOM MOMENTS -
"can I have a pickle?" *pauses* "whoops i forgot to say please" - little sis 

- when my little sis got a glow in the dark ponytail: *turns lights out* is my hair glowin'?

little sis: *gives me like 30 pennies before i go run errands* can you buy me a new toothbrush?

- when you are brought home a frosty and it's like *dies with happiness*
mom: hey - can you help me with this?
computer: *is set in German*
me mentally: I CANT READ GERMAN
me: *pretends i know what i'm doing*
me: *frantically looks for familiar English* NEVER LOSE ME IN SOME FOREIGN PLACE K

- when you and your dad are both perfectionists and you spend hours leveling the ground for the pool (it actually didn't tilt so it was worth it lol)

- when Julia is on her graduation trip and you tease her about using her fluffy blanket as a table cloth #muahahhaaa

- went to the park and hung out (literally).
sis: spin me again!
me: nooooo. i'm dizzy!
sis: well. when you are UNdizzy can you?

little bro - I'm glad I'm not a superhero! I mean, I'd like the flying part...but I'd miss out on stuff too. and I'd hate the super hearing part!

- when a baby fox crosses the road and it's the AWWWW THE CUTEST THING EVER 

- when you are the only girl out with your dad and bros and you end up being the one who carries your moms mother's day roses through the hardware store for hours so they don't wilt in the car #awkward
- when you've worked on setting up the pool all day and end up with one burnt shoulder, half a burnt neck, burnt ears and burnt elbows. how?... #onlyme

- when time doesn't exist
- five year old sis - *looks at me in wonder* how did you get growed up so quickly?

me: ooohhh thunder
julia: or it's the dryer 

- when you toss your phone on the bed and bounces and flings itself and lands on your hard floor and thankfully somehow managed to stay alive and you are just like:
me: *cuts onions* *actually doesn't tear up* wow am I some superhero or something
me seconds later: *starts blinking uncontrollably and can't see what i'm cutting anymore*
five minute later: *eyes still burn*

- changing your phone password bc it takes so long to do and after you change it you keep putting the old password in so, in reality, it's adding more time 

- jsyk calendar doesn't end - and yes, you can still set events here
"so I was thinking a year was like 10 months...not 12..." - ju
"Sarah look - *shows me a four leaf clover* I never thought I'd find one but I did! And it's real!*pauses* Now what do I do with it?" - little bro

FAV POSTS -
its a journey by audrey - this was a brilliantly written post that I totally needed and you probably do too. reeaddd ittt
ROOM TOUR || FT. INEXPENSIVE ROOM DECOR by clara - HER ROOM IS SO ADORBS xD
biking + it's national chocolate chip day??? + writing woes by hannah - hannah's post just made me so happy like adorable bikes and chocolate cookies? yas plz
forgotten films // animated treasures everyone needs to see by mary - mary brought back childhood for us like omw we had the best kid movies XD
exhale by ava - her photos seriously kill me xD
may highlights 2017 by katie grace - katie's wrap ups just always make me so happy - there are also donuts there so #extrahappiness

MAY GOALS ACCOMPLISHED -
- finish my novel? - honestly idk why this was a goal?? anyways, I changed my plan and next month is plotting part two of my novel and then writing it in July xD

- FINISH SCHOOL - YES. I DID THIS. still working on algebra but we'll forget that if we can

- master some kind of new summerish hairdo for my short hair - uhhhmm. no? I kinda forgot about this. whoops. although my hair has already grown and I can do ponytails now haha XD

- READ MORE - did this. summer reading here we come!

try a new diy project - yep. I did a ton of canvas wall art and DIY's for my room xD

JUNE GOALS -
- do the room tour. seriously guys, I don't know what happened to that this month lol

- plot part two of my novel and prepare for July nano (CUZ GUYS. IT'S COMING SO SOON) 

- enter and participate in summer reading

- enjoy summer (this shouldn't be too hard haha)

hope you all had a lovely month!
what are you looking forward to the most in june?

16 comments

  1. Probably traveling. Our family (minus our dad and dog) are flying to New York to see some of our besties. (Sophy Noelle from Lavender & Blue (https://lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com) is actually a part of their family. <3) And then we're going to Oregon. Also, I'm volunteering as a mentor at our library. WHOO!
    I did have a good month, thanks! And I'm glad you did too.

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that sounds like so much fun!! Sophia is awesome XD oohh volunteering at the library?? that sounds like an epic thing - like who doesn't want to be surrounded by books?! aww, thanks!

      Delete
  2. OHHH HEY! THANKS FOR LINKING MY POST! And congrats on finishing school! I get done tomorrow!!! *dramatically sings One Day More* I. am. so. done.
    Uhhh yes, Ju and her fluffy blanket! XD She was trying to pack it for her trip and I was like "YOU DON'T NEED IT" and she was like "IM TAKING IT SOMEHOW!" I didn't understand her attachment to that blanket until I got one similar to it last week :p I want to take it everywhere now! XD OHH! I'm looking forward to your room tour! <3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL OF COURSE XD eeepp thanks!! DUDE THAT'S AWESOME *cheers with you*

      lol ikr?? We actually successfully got it packed, then decided she wouldn't have any rooms so I got her to forfeit it haha. duddee they are the best blankets, aren't they?? EEP. it'll be coming soon for sure!!

      Delete
  3. UM YOU LINKED MY POST. Like...wow THANK YOU. <33 (People linking to my blog makes me so happy.)

    *will forever adore that I Love Lucy gif*

    Oh my goodness, your little sibs are waaaaaay too cute.

    Basically, I LOVE YOUR WRAP-UP POSTS. (Both yours and Ju's.) They are the best, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UM DUH IT WAS AWESOME xD (so same it's the best feeling xD)

      *will also forever adore it* aww thanks lol. AND OMW THANK YOU YOU ARE SO SWEET *melts*

      Delete
  4. Love love loved this! <3 Your a total pro at wrap ups. I just can't even <3 <3 <3 :DDD
    I like the photo behind your little banner thingy for this post! That lighting is pretty rad.
    xx

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohmygoshthankyousomuch <33 ahahaha well, credit to my oldest sis. she stole my camera for the shot hahhaa XD

      Delete
  5. 3028??? WHAT THE WHAT! Mhmm... I wonder if the world will still exist by that time. Apparently the calendar believes so! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND YES IT GOES EVEN FURTHER IT DOESN'T END. hahaha, idk?? its pretty weird xD

      Delete
  6. Your GIFs are always so perfect lol.

    I'm really looking forward to my mission trip to Washington D.C. with friends. First mission trip ever so I'm hyped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks, Jenny!

      that sounds like so much fun!! how long will you be there for??

      Delete
  7. WHY DID YOU BRING UP JULY NANO?!?!? I am seriously not ready for it :P I'm nearing the end of a draft right now and thinking about writing the sequel in July is killing me XP

    I think I say this every time, but your wrap-ups are epic <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SORRY BUT I HAD TO SAY IT xD hahahhaha weellll THATS OKAY you'll get it done. ah, yeah, ikr. it's stressful fitting into nano sometimes :P

      hahaha, well it's great to hear it so thx!! xD <33

      Delete
  8. JULY CAMP NANO AAAGGGH! Your siblings are honestly the CUTEST, and yes, ROOM TOUR!!! Alpha readers are seriously amazing, and I hope you get all your plotting needs done!

    may @ forever and everly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAGHHHH IKR *feels the same way* xP aww, thank you!! hahaha thanks for the reminder, I should be working on that actually *ahem* xP XD

      Delete

*waves* hey there! thanks so much for commenting - just please remember to keep it clean <33

hello there fellow human. i'm sarah - the introverted extrovert. just a teenage girl who apparently likes to embarrass herself {as you will see here}

Popular Posts

followers

i'm also on...

nanowrimo: sare meg

camp nanowrimo: sare meg

pinterest: sarah margaret

google+: sarah margaret

all images taken by me. credit to internet for GIF's. template off etsy - altered by me. please do not steal. thanks!