MY FAV BIBLE VERSES + in awe of God

Saturday, February 24, 2018

when I was younger, I had a favorite bible verse, but now, I honestly don't know if I could choose one. as I continue to read there are SO many that just put me in such awe of God and His power and love.

and as I've been reading my bible more, I'm realizing how sometimes we have to focus more on parts in the bible that aren't very pleasing. God says there will be struggles. God says we will be persecuted for His name. There will be pain, and temptations, and darkness. But He will be with us, and in the end, His light will blow away all the darkness.

idk if all that makes sense or not, here are are some verses that have meant loads to me lately <33
HE CALMS THE STORM, SO THAT ITS WAVES ARE STILL [psalm 107:29]

He commands the sun, and it does not rise; He seals off the stars; He alone spreads out the heavens, and treads on the waves of the sea [job 9:7&8]

I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before him [ecclesiastes 3:14]
also i heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" then i said, "Here I am! Send me" [isaiah 6:8]

when you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers , they shall not overflow you. when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you [isaiah 43:2]

...HE UTTERED HIS VOICE, THE EARTH MELTED... [psalm 46:6]

for I know that my redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth [job 19:26]
He will have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea [micah 2:19]

...DO NOT FRET BECAUSE OF EVILDOERS... [proverbs 24:19]

do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when i fall, i will rise; when i sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me [micah 7:8]
test all things; hold fast to what is good. abstain from every form of evil [thessalonians 5:21&22]

He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces [isaiah 25:8]

...the Lord is near to those who have a broken heart... [psalm 34:18]

for you have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; for the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall [isaiah 25:4]
then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say 'Here I am' [isaiah 58:9]

in God I have put my trust, I will not be afraid. what can man do to me? [psalm 56:11]

FOR THIS IS OUR GOD, OUR GOD FOREVER AND EVER; HE WILL BE OUR GUIDE EVEN UNTO DEATH [psalm 139:10]
I've also been thinking about God's power lately. guys. we are so tiny, and so insignificant. we are so undeserving and so unworthy. so when you read these verses and your bible, think of that. In all His power, God still loves and cares about us, individually and uniquely. it just makes my jaw drop just to think about it ngl

22 comments

  1. Love these, thank you for sharing!!! <3 I just read the books of Peter this morning, and this verse stood out to me: "Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." (1 Peter 2:10)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally, girl!! aw yuss. I love those ones. Also the books of John *nods* and ohhh that one is really good like, woooww <33 thanks for sharing, Bri!!

      Delete
  2. AWWW I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Especially all the Psalms — gahhh they’re just so good. I’m currently reading a Psalm a day while I work myself through the entire Bible. I’m at Numbers right now! It’s been so encouraging to end my day with the songs and poems of encouragement through the heartbreak ahhh ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP. THX. oh, so same. I've been doing a daily psalm as well as my verse-a-day journal. I'm up to Psalm 113 so I guess I've been doing it for a while? XD

      ahhh same. I've been going through the first five books of the bible for school rn and it's interesting because you see these people still struggling and rebelling so much, but then you realize you would/do the same in your own way :P I really have been enjoying it tho -- especially since this year it was my focus to read more of the old testament xD

      Delete
  3. It's hard to pick a favorite when different verses speak to me in different moments of my life. One that really speaks to me is Jeremiah 29:11-13. Everyone focuses on that first part of the verse, but the other parts are just as beautiful. Another is 1 Timothy 4:12.

    As for books, I'm currently reading The List by Patrica Forde. It's a nice books, actually. Lots of suspense.

    Thank you for this post. I needed it. <3 <3

    ~Ivie|Ivie Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU PUT IT INTO WORDS. THANK YOU. yes that makes so much sense and I relate so much XD so I just looked up that verse and WOW. love it so much, and agreed about the other verses. so amazing.

      and haha 1 timothy 4:12 is DEFINITELY a fav my mine. I've got it all underlined -- and actually think I posted about it around here?? haha.

      so glad, girl. God's got this <33 and thank you for sharing those verses, Ivie! <33

      Delete
    2. Yes, He does. I know everything will work out. Having His Word is helpful in the dark times and in the light.

      Thanks for following my blog, btw. It really means a lot to me. I try to reach out and thank everyone who clicks the follow button because it really does mean a lot. <3

      Delete
    3. oh, totally! I like to get around and see all my friends blogs, but sometimes I'm a little slow at it #oops XP XD excited to see all your awesome posts, girl! <3

      Delete
  4. WOW. This is b e a u t i f u l. <3 I find it refreshing to read blog posts every now and then that are mostly Bible verses, because there's something really wonderful about clumping a bunch of God's amazing words all together where readers like me can soak them in, be reminded of awesome God things, and feel their hearts beat a little faster because.... well, GOD'S LOVE. And also THE UNIVERSE IS MIND-BLOWING.

    Thank you for this post, Sarah Margaret!! Your blog is really, really lovely. <3

    Lila @ The Red-Hooded Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH. LILA. THANK YOU <33 I feel the same way, and woowww. you put that so beautifully LIKE OKAY YES. (agh yes it just blows my mind SO MUCH like it makes no sense at all but somehow it works perfectly and how do people not know it's totally God that does it all????? that also blows my mind xP)

      thank you for your comment, Lila (so much love for your name btw <33) eeep! thank you, girl, that means tons <3

      Delete
  5. I'm reading through the Psalms for the first time, and I'm absolutely loving it. God's promises in this book are beautiful. Some of my favorite verses, are 2 Corinthians 5:7, Exodus 14:14, and Romans 8:31 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAAMEE. they are so beautiful and just so...yes. I'm pretty far into it - around Psalm 113, I think. hbu? thank you for sharing those -- I love hearing other peoples fav verses and will be sure to check them out! <33

      Delete
  6. PREACH. so so so much truth in this post, i felt like a bobblehead with the amount of nodding in agreement it required. as for favorite bible verse, can i just say the entire book of Philippians?? it's only 4 chapters, but the amount of encouragement and strength Paul manages to have is just ugh. it really gives me something to strive for.

    ALSO THE UNIVERSE IS SO TERRIFYINGLY AMAZING AND MIND-DEFYING AND I FEEL YOU. i've been OBSESSED with anything that relates to galaxies and stars because i can literally never wrap my tiny little brain around any of it (as if that's even possible)

    currently, i'm reading "saved without a doubt" by john macarthur. super encouraging, recommend it to everyone. thanks so much for all of this. it really made my day <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *melts* thank you -- they are just some random thoughts that have been going through my mind lately..sometimes it helps to write them down to try and sort them all out XD AH YUS. I just love the New Testament so much. Right now I am working through the Old Testament which I'm also loving xD

      AH YES SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!!! Seriously, it's one of those things where your mind seriously HITS A WALL. like it can't go any further, because you can't comprehend it. I have a love hate relationship with that feeling xP cuz it's so amazing but I'm the type of person who likes to figure things out and it's like HOOOWWW all that time XD anyways, thannk youu, it's nice to be able to relate to someone one that cuz I'll text people random facts about space and they'll be like "WHOA" but I'm over here still researching XD

      I'll totally have to check that out! thanks for sharing, Suzy - and right back at you, girl! <33

      Delete
  7. THIS POST IS SO LOVELY. <333 Job 37:10 kinda blew me away. reading the Bible is absolutely amazing, i'm reading in Judges right now.
    lets stay faithful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THX, PAIGE <33 *looks that verse up* AH YUSS. that one is a really good one. Judges is a great one, for sure! <3

      Delete
  8. Mm, so many good verses. That last one is one of my favourites. Yes, it does my mind in too, to think about how awesome God is, and how much He cares - and to think we probably don't even understand a fraction of what He's like! Thanks for this encouragement, Sarah. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. I was thinking I should write some of these down and pin them up on by walls?? I know, it's /so/ amazing and really..I just can't comprehend it all. so true!! totally, Jess. thank for commenting! <3

      Delete
  9. Such truth- love these verses!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

© the introverted extrovert. Design by FCD.