HOW ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Saturday, August 25, 2018

how are you?

I'm pretty sure we've all lied to that question, even if you didn't realize or mean to. I'm pretty sure we all hold the true response back bc

1) its our problem, we tell ourselves. not even a big deal anyways
2) maybe we are afraid and don't want to face the truth/answer the question ourselves
3) (depending on the person) they don't rly want to know anyways. its just a formality

sometimes when asked that question my quick response is "good", and then I hesitate inwardly but ignore it, shrugging it off. but maybe that's not ok.
healing is a journey, it doesn't happen overnight. healing doesnt always mean you won't stumble and slip back. healing is realizing that you aren't all "good" and that thats okay. healing it talking with someone you trust, even to get it off your chest. healing is learning to love, live and laugh again. healing is taking a break, and knowing that that break is ok. healing is pushing forward, even when you don't want to. healing is a ritual of handing your life and fears over to Jesus - over, and over, and over and over again. healing is realizing that its ok, even things don't turn out ok. healing is taking a step.
so. how are you for real?

p.s. honestly, this post may or may not be as much for myself to figure out some thoughts + look back on as it is for all of you. but I rly hope that this'll be a bit of encouragement for someone else out there xxxxxx

6 comments

  1. Hey! This post is exactly what I needed this morning - I'm not doing the best this week and I'd appreciate your prayers. I feel very raw right now and just the old depression is really kicking in.
    So. That's how I'm doing for real and I really appreciate this post! Sometimes it's hard to be honest about what's going on. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww I'm sorry your week hasn't been the best..of course, I'll pray! ahh I understand those emotions very well *nods* just know that its ok, and that this is only for a time..its hard to take in and really realize, trust me, I know.. xP i'm so glad, Kara! praying for you <3

      Delete
  2. How do you do it?! This post is so real, it's wow! I can totally relate. And it really is hard to know how I really do feel sometimes. But this post made me think. Right this minute, I would say that I'm fighting to stay positive. I guess then, that you could pray for me to find Joy and not just look for happiness... I will pray for you too! What a great post, Sarah! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awhh Brooklyne!! thank you so much girl! it was kind of a spur-of-the-moment post, so that would probably explain it lol. its true, isn't it? sometimes I like to think for a min and place my emotion..its interesting to do. of course! and I know what you mean. Sometimes we go for happy, but thats temporary..its joy thats lasting. thanks for the prayers, girl! <3

      Delete
  3. Yes! Thank you for this post! I have considered how to answer "how are you" truthfully sometimes, because it's true... the default "I'm good" isn't always the right answer.
    And healing is SO important.
    Lately, the one word to sum up all my emotions would be: overwhelmed. I feel overwhelmed by all the different emotions that are bombarding me on a weekly basis, and all the different opportunities, challenges, thoughts, ideas and plans that are swirling around me. In the midst of it, though, I've sat down and really thought about what it is that's bothering me and at the root of everything it's this: the idea that I'm not enough. My own self inadequacy, incompetency, failing... fear. And I think what the stems from is a trust in my own self efforts rather than trusting in God. I constantly forget that it's not all up to me and on my shoulders - it's not meant to be! Jesus is there right beside me, and I'm in no way left to do it on my own. He doesn't give me the strength so I can do it - He IS my strength and the whole reason I can do it.
    Ahem. Rambling. :P Anyways, thanks for the post! And honestly, I'd love prayer about helping me trust God with everything, and point my focus back to Christ whenever I'm scared or stressed. Actually, just ALL THE TIME. :D
    Can I pray for you about something? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course, Gabby!! <3 and ohh, I know that feeling. Being overwhelmed is tough; by life, and especially emotions. and I relate to those emotions, they are for sure tough ones. But legit, they are LIES. I do relate, and its hard to push those lies away, but we gotta stick with it. its not doing any good for us..and uggghh, yeah I know what you mean about trusting in my own efforts xP its a tough thing for sure, and tough to decipher the difference.
      totally, girl! and thank you for your comment <3 of course, I'll pray for you about that! and really, if you could pray for me about those topics as well, haha. just learning to REALLY trust and believing that He has a plan in my current and future..and letting myself know that I don't always have to be ok and perfect (INFJ problems xP XD) thx, Gabby! <3

      Delete

© the introverted extrovert. Design by FCD.